Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Days 10-12

Hola readers!

Day 10 Sunday January 13th 2013

On Sunday we really worked on getting the canter work caught up with the trot work which was coming along nicely. We also worked on doing some leg yields without me getting super tight in my arms from trying to hard, so Lendon gave me a nice little image: "Leg yielding is nothing more then falling sideways" after that it did get a little better.

Our lecture that morning was again with Dr.(s) Kathy Kelly and Marg Watson, this time on Memory and Retention. The gave us some helpful hints on how to make information "stick" in our brain even if it isn't interesting to us. We also got a bonus lecture from Lendon on half-halts
In the evening after chores we met with a group of people that keep their horses in the small barn behind ours and train with Jackie Brooks. We had quite the spread of different cheeses, crackers and desserts :-).



Day 11 Monday January 14th 2013

Monday was a day off for the horses! After barn chores I spent a little "me" time back at the condo. I went for a run and did some workouts then went and sat by the pool for the afternoon, might I mention I fell asleep and now have a killer burn.
Again in the evening we had another potluck for just the WITee's and a few others, that food spread was also quite amazing, then we sat around and told story after story for a few hours.

Day 12 Tuesday January 15th 2013

Tuesday is the day of great improvement! Everything started to come together nicely. Canter transitions were pretty remarkable, the spotted pony is finally figuring them out!
In the afternoon Lendon gave us a lecture on lunging. Such as; safety, equipment, reasons for lunging, methods ETC. 


I don't have any pictures this time around but I'm sure I will next post!
To everyone thats still following my blog I'd like to thank you for supporting Tee and myself!
Please feel free to leave comments and stuff! I would enjoy reading them.
Also, if  you would like to send me mail (which I would also enjoy reading) please e-mail me at allyssiab@roadrunner.com or message me on facebook for the address..

I would also like to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best and my most favorite sister ever!!! Your only 2 once! :-D

Thanks everyone!
Warm wishes from sunny Florida!!! 
Allyssia <3 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment